- This is a great book for young readers, teaching about a key historical period in our nation, The Southern Campaign of the American Revolution. It helps children know that history happened “right under their feet”. An additional bonus comes in enjoyable reading that makes the Revolution and our Independence come alive.George Fields, Ph. D.Chaplain, Brigadier General Retired, USA; President Emeritus, Spartanburg Methodist College; Director of Military Heritage Program Palmetto Conservation Foundation
- My children absolutely loved Dr. Solesbee’s first book in which Sal and Amanda explored Walnut Grove Plantation to learn all about its important history. When my third grader learned that Dr. Solesbee’s second book would be published soon, she insisted on the opportunity to meet the author. I am certain that as Sal and Amanda’s adventures continue, their interest in the Southern Campaign of the Revolutionary War will lead to many important and exciting discoveries. Dr. Solesbee’s ability to use historical fiction to teach important facts is second to none. Our young readers are going to thoroughly enjoy this unique opportunity to learn all about this significant time in our nation’s history.Ronald W. Garner, Ed.D.Superintendent Spartanburg District One Schools
- This book is a reason to celebrate! Finally a book about South Carolina’s rich contributions to the Revolutionary War! Sal and Amanda Visit Walnut Grove is a rolling adventure where fact meets fun. My third grade students can’t get enough of Sal and Amanda! Whether we are learning from the no-nonsense tour guide, Mrs. Betsy, or the back and forth banter of Sal and his sister, Amanda, facts come to life in this piece of historical fiction. This book is a must have for visitors to the plantation or students of SC history. It covers history from English settlers through Antebellum times. It is the perfect way to build schema or review at the end of the year. We can’t wait for another opportunity to catch up with our favorite amphibians!Danielle Whitlow 3rd Grade Teacher at Campobello Gramling School
Paperback Chapter Books
Paperback chapter books and are available at physical locations & online bookstores.
- All paperback chapter books are also available through bulk order. If Sal & Amanda are coming to visit your school, please see the bulk order form & instructions.
PDF Chapter Books
Sal & Amanda PDF chapter books are downloadable and printable. When you purchase a PDF chapter book, you will receive the download link immediately.
Not every book is available in eBook formats, but the PDF versions can be added to almost any eReader manually (if you are tech-savvy). Please see instructions below for adding PDFs to your device manually.
eBook Chapter Books
Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and iPad eBooks are available for download through their respective online bookstores. See the link below & click on the link inside the eBook listing for your desired format.
- Sal & Amanda Visit Walnut Grove Plantation is not available in eBook formats, but the PDF version can be added to almost any eReader manually. See links to instructions under heading PDF Chapter Books.
Individual paperback activity workbooks are available at physical locations & online bookstores.
- All paperback workbooks are also available through bulk order. If Sal & Amanda are coming to visit your school, please see the bulk order form & instructions.
- The Sal and Amanda Take the Morgan Victory March to the Battle of Cowpens activity workbook is not available in paperback. The free PDF version is available in our digital shop. This activity workbook must be used in conjunction with the chapter book. These activities cannot be completed without the chapter book. Download FREE Activity Workbook PDF
PDF Workbooks & Activities
All Sal & Amanda PDF workbooks & PDF activities are downloadable and printable. When you purchase any PDF file from our digital store, you will receive the download link immediately.
- The Sal and Amanda Take the Morgan Victory March to the Battle of Cowpens PDF activity workbook is available as a free PDF download. This activity workbook must be used in conjunction with the chapter book. These activities cannot be completed without the chapter book. Download FREE Activity Workbook PDF
- Soon there will be additional activities available for purchase on this website either as singles or in a set. These additional activities featuring Sal & Amanda will be for general South Carolina history education. They will cover SCCS (South Carolina Curriculum Standards) 1-5. You can choose from a selection of teacher led activities and independent student activities. The prices are highly affordable and will start at just $1.50 per activity. Your purchases will be available to download and/or print immediately. You can click the link below to bookmark the section that will be updated with new things come fall 2014. That way you can easily check back later for more activities.
There are no eBook workbooks available at this time.